Afghanistan's Electoral Complaints Commission declared all votes cast in Kabul Province to be invalid due to voter fraud and other cases of mismanagement.
Afghanistan's Electoral Complaints Commission ruled on Thursday that votes ...
- Reuters (Image)
- After a delay of three years, voters in Afghanistan head to the polls to elect members of the nation's parliament. The election is marred by violence and suicide attacks which leave over 170 dead or wounded nationwide.
- The U.S. military warns that the Kabul Attack Network, comprised of fighters from various jihadist groups such as the Taliban and Haqqani networks, is planning attacks on people in the Parwan, Khost, Kabul, and Logar Provinces, Afghanistan, and asks for information from the Afghan public.
- A bomb hits a minibus in the Paghman District in Afghanistan's Kabul Province, killing at least nine people.
- A senior Taliban commander, Mullah Abdul Manan Akhund, is killed in a U.S. air strike in Afghanistan.
- An Afghan commando in Kabul kills Major Brent Taylor of the Utah National Guard, who was also the mayor of North Ogden, Utah.