The chief financial officer of Huawei was arrested on 1 December in Vancouver, Canada. She faces extradition to the United States. Huawei says she faces unspecified charges.
The chief financial officer of Chinese tech giant Huawei has been arrested in Canada. She faces extradition to the United States.
- CNN (Image)
- International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge officially closes the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada. Canada finishes in first place in the medal table with a record 14 gold medals, while the United States wins a record total of 37 medals.
- The United States, Canada and Mexico sign the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement in Buenos Aires, replacing the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- The United States urges their allies not to use Huawei network equipment, reportedly out of national security concerns.
- Canada agrees to sign the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement deal which replaces the North American Free Trade Agreement that was reached in August by the United States and Mexico.
- The United States and Mexico reach common ground on key trade terms in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada has yet to sign off on the agreement.