The casket of President George H.W. Bush, draped with the American flag and placed underneath the marble dome of the Rotunda, will lie in state through Wednesday morning.
- ABC News (Image)
- George H. W. Bush is admitted in stable condition to The Methodist Hospital of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. The 88-year-old served as the 41st President of the United States from 1989 till 1993 and was hospitalized due to a severe cough and bronchitis but is expected to be discharged within 72 hours.
- U.S. President Donald Trump nominates William Barr to be the new United States Attorney General, a position he held under George H. W. Bush from 1991 to 1993. Heather Nauert, a former journalist and the incumbent Spokesperson for the United States Department of State, is proposed as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Former U.S. President George H. W. Bush is laid to rest at his Presidential Library in College Station, Texas.
- The casket for former U.S. President George H. W. Bush arrives at the National Cathedral.
- Former U.S. President George H. W. Bush, aged 93, is hospitalized for observation due to hypotension (low blood pressure) and fatigue at Southern Maine Health Care.