Crucial talks on limiting climate change start a day early in Poland amid dire warnings.
- BBC News (Image)
- At least 65,000 people gather in Brussels, Belgium, in a march for more action on protecting the climate.
- Poland and Israel join Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Croatia, Hungary, Australia and Austria in announcing that, despite their agreement in July, they will not sign the United Nations Global Compact for Migration in Marrakech on 10-11 December 2018.
- An earthquake strikes a coal mine near Jastrzebie-Zdroj, Poland; rescuers have thus far recovered two miners alive and located a third, while four remain unaccounted for.
- The European Court of Human Rights rules that the Romanian and Lithuanian governments each knowingly hosted CIA secret prisons around 2005. Both countries also participated in the US extraordinary rendition program: one case by each country is acknowledged. Four years ago, Poland was also condemned for running a CIA secret jail.
- Poland's Minister of Defence Mariusz Blaszczak says he recently talked with U.S. officials in Washington D.C. about permanently stationing thousands of U.S. troops in Poland as a deterrent against Russia.