Jordi Turull and Jordi Sanchez, jailed Catalan separatism leaders accused of rebellion, start a hunger strike.
Spanish authorities say that two leaders of Catalonia’s separatist movement who have spent the last year in prison are starting a hunger strike
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post (Image)
- The Supreme Court of Spain suspends from public office the deputies to the Parliament of Catalonia prosecuted for rebellion (Romeva, Turull, Rull, Sanchez, Junqueras, Puigdemont). The pre-trial phase is finished.
- New President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra, forms a new regional government, including the dismissed and imprisoned members Jordi Turull and Josep Rull, and "self-exiled" dismissed members Lluis Puig and Toni Comin.
- The judge remands Jordi Turull, Josep Rull, Carme Forcadell, Dolors Bassa and Raul Romeva into custody again.
- Jordi Turull i Negre, ex-member of the dismissed regional government, who was imprisoned amid sedition and under investigation due to his connection in a corruption scandal involving CiU, is named candidate by the President of Catalan Parliament in a investiture for Thursday, March 22.
- The leading judge presiding over the investigation of the 2017 Catalan independence referendum and the director of the Operation Anubis Juan Antonio Ramirez Sunyer dies suddenly at the age of 71.