Voters should be worried about "rampant voter fraud in Palm Beach and Broward Counties," said Senate candidate and Florida Gov. Rick Scott. Experts say previous claims of widespread fraud are false.
- ABC News
- NPR (Image)
- As the Florida Senate election heads to a mandatory recount, United States President Donald Trump and Rick Scott claim, without evidence, that widespread voter fraud occurred in Florida during the recent midterm election.
- As the Florida Senate election heads to a mandatory recount, United States President Donald Trump and Rick Scott claim that widespread voter fraud occurred in Florida during the recent midterm election.
- Florida's House of Representatives votes 67-50 to approve a gun and school safety bill that would raise the age to buy firearms from 18 to 21, sending the bill to Governor Rick Scott to sign into law. The measure also prohibits bump stocks, and creates a program for the arming of some teachers.
- Leaders from the Group of Twenty come together at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany, including United States President Donald Trump who is set to meet with President of Russia Vladimir Putin.
- The United States Senate rejects "repeal only" propositions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. United States President Donald Trump lashes out at Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski, who voted against the proposal.
- Florida Governor Rick Scott declares a state of emergency as Tropical Storm Colin's rain and gusty winds pelt the state's west coast. Maximum sustained winds at 1:00 p.m. EDT are 50 mph (85 kpm). Between three and five inches of rain are forecast for northern Florida, with some areas getting up to eight inches.
- Governor Rick Scott of Florida signs the death warrant for Oba Chandler, convicted of the murder of three women in 1989, with the execution set for November 15.