Above 100 women win US Mid Term Election 2018, beat previous record of 85 seats in congress. Rashida Tlaib unopposed and Ilhan Omar share the distinction of becoming the first Muslim congresswoman
Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are the first Muslim women to represent Americans in the US House of Representatives.
- Dawn News (Image)
- USA Today
- The United States holds midterm elections for all 435 House seats, for 35 Senate seats (including two special elections in Minnesota and Mississippi), for 39 state and territorial governorships, and for numerous state and local races.
- Twitter deletes 10,000 bot accounts that were discouraging people from voting in the midterm elections in the United States.
- The United States Cyber Command contacts individual Russians with the hope to deter them from interfering with upcoming American elections, including the November midterms.
- U.S. Representative Chris Collins (R-NY) announces that he is suspending his campaign for re-election in the 2018 midterms, intending to serve out the remainder of his term. Collins was arrested by the FBI on August 8 on charges relating to insider trading.
- Facebook announces that it has suspended 32 accounts it believes intended to influence the 2018 mid-term elections in the United States. The company says while it is uncertain who operated these accounts, at least one is linked to the Russian-based Internet Research Agency.