A pair of buses collide on a road between Harare and Rusape, Zimbabwe, killing at least 47 people.
- e News Channel Africa (Image)
- The High Court of Zimbabwe overturns bans on protests in Harare.
- Riots break out in Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, after police attempt to disperse a protest by the city's taxi drivers.
- Thousands of opposition supporters rally in Harare, Zimbabwe, against President Robert Mugabe and the deteriorating economy. The rally was banned by the police, however, it went ahead after a ruling by the High Court sanctioned the protest.
- Zimbabwe's Movement for Democratic Change files papers with the Constitutional Court in Harare arguing that the recent elections be annulled because of widespread allegations of illegalities and intimidation of voters by Robert Mugabe's ZANU–PF party.
- Supporters of Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe stone delegates meeting in the capital Harare to create a new constitution, injuring five people.