Ross Edgley becomes the first person to swim around Great Britain. The 1,780 mi swim lasted 156 days.
Ross Edgley, 33, consumed more than 500 bananas during his 1,780-mile journey around Great Britain.
- BBC (Image)
- Ross Edgley becomes the first person to swim around Great Britain. The 1,780-mile swim lasted 156 days.
- Ross Edgley becomes the first person to swim around Great Britain. The 1,780 mi swim lasted 156 days.
- DUP leader Arlene Foster says that extra border checks between Northern Ireland and Great Britain are the "one red line" for her party.
- Without peer-review publication researchers at London's Natural History Museum state that the DNA extracted from "Cheddar Man" reveals that early inhabitants of Great Britain had blue eyes and dark skin. The name "Cheddar Man" was given to a fossil of a human man that lived thousands of years ago, which was discovered in 1903. Some scientists in the field state that the sample may have been contaminated with modern DNA weakening the results.
- British electronics retailer Maplin Electronics collapses into administration after rescue talks fail, with 2,500 jobs at risk.
- A winter storm hits Europe with 330,000 people in France losing power, thousands of people in Great Britain evacuated and travel disrupted.
- An Australian court orders British consumer goods company Reckitt Benckiser to stop selling several versions of the popular painkiller, Nurofen, that were identical to its standard ibuprofen pills but nearly twice as expensive.