Police kill 19 Islamist militants previously involved in an attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt two days ago.
- BBC (Image)
- At least 25 people are killed and many more injured after protesters and security forces clash in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, during a protest in response to an attack on a Coptic church.
- At least six Coptic Christians are killed in a drive-by shooting at a church in Nag Hammadi, southern Egypt, with clashes later taking place between police and Copts.
- The Head of the Egyptian Coptic Christian Church, Pope Shenouda III, has gone into seclusion in a desert monastery to draw attention to grievances among Egyptian Christians.
- An attack on a bus carrying Copts from Sohag Governorate to the Monastery of Saint Samuel the Confessor in Egypt, kills seven people and injures several others.
- Archeologists from the Cairo University and the University of Catania report the discovery of one of the oldest known examples of cheese. Discovered at a tomb in the Saqqara necropolis, it is the first known evidence of ancient Egyptian cheese production.