Brent Taylor, the mayor of North Ogden, Utah, is killed after an Afghan commando opened fire in Kabul.
The mayor of North Ogden, Utah, was killed, state officials said, after an Afghan commando opened fire in the second insider attack in two weeks.
- New York Times (Image)
- Brent Taylor, a man serving as the mayor of North Ogden, Utah, is killed after a Afghanistan commando opened fire in Kabul.
- Brent Taylor, the mayor of North Ogden, Utah, is killed after an Afghan commando opened fire in Kabul.
- A suicide bombing occurs at a checkpoint near the Kabul International Cricket Stadium in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing at least three people and injuring five.
- A terrorist attack, involving a blast and gunfire, occurs at a Shia mosque in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing several people.
- A suicide bomber in Kabul, Afghanistan, targets Tolo News, killing four and wounding 20.
- Afghan officials say that the Taliban destroyed highway bridges in Maidan Wardak Province, cutting off road traffic between the capital Kabul and the provinces of Ghazni, Zabul and Kandahar. Electricity was cut off in four provinces, and fighting was reported in Ghazni Province. At least ten Afghan police officers were killed. Parliamentary elections are scheduled to be held in two weeks.
- Afghan general and Kandahar police chief Abdul Raziq Achakzai is assassinated by one of his bodyguards during a high-level meeting inside the governor's compound with U.S. general Austin S. Miller. Gen. Miller escaped unharmed according to officials while the governor was critically injured. The Taliban claims responsibility.