A lorry loses control at a toll station in Lanzhou, China, killing at least 15 people and injuring 44 others.
Dozens more were injured after a lorry hit other cars at a toll station in Lanzhou, Gansu province.
- BBC (Image)
- The White House announces that the United States and China agree to halt new trade tariffs for 90 days to allow for talks.
- China's Xinhua News Agency unveils the world's first AI news anchor. Xinhua says the AI presenters can work "24 hours a day", thus reducing news production costs.
- 69.1 tonnes of C9 aromatic hydrocarbon are leaked into the ocean at a port in Quangang District, Quanzhou, China when a petrochemical company loads the cargo from its terminal into a chemical tanker and the aged hose coupling gasket breaks. Nearby aquaculture farms are contaminated, resulting in huge loss. Many fishermen and residents get sick from the leaked chemical, and 52 of them are hospitalized. Local authorities are accused of playing down the severity of the leakage. Discussion of the accident is suppressed on Weibo after the accident has become a hot topic. The company lies that the amount of leakage is 6.97 tonnes.
- A chain reaction of exploding trucks triggered by a blast during the delivery of acetylene gas at a chemical plant in Zhangjiakou, China, kills 23 people and injures at least 22 others.
- Four people are killed in an armed assault on the Chinese consulate in Karachi, Pakistan. Three attackers are also dead. The attack is claimed by the Balochistan Liberation Army.