Flash flooding kills two people and causes major power outages in Sydney, Australia.
Emergency crews respond to hundreds of calls on the city's wettest November day since 1984.
- BBC (Image)
- A 500 km dust storm, that engulfed parts of Australia’s outback, reaches Sydney.
- Two people die and 700 others seek medical attention, including three people in critical condition at the Defqon.1 Festival in Sydney, Australia, for drug-related issues. Premier of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian says that the event is dangerous and will never take place again, effectively banning the music festival.
- A state of emergency is declared in New South Wales, Australia, as a bushfire continues to burn out of control. More than 500 personnel from the New South Wales Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue NSW and the Australian Defence Force are tackling the bushfire, which has torn through the Holsworthy Barracks and threatens the suburbs of Sydney.
- A hot air balloon hits a tree near Sydney, Australia, wounding 16 people.
- A gunman, who killed one man, injured two others, and was holding three people hostage, is found dead when an armed tactical response police team storms a building in the Ingleburn industrial area in suburban Sydney, Australia. All hostages were unharmed.