A blast near a chemical plant in Zhangjiakou, China, kills 22 people and injures at least 22 others.
A blast near a chemical plant in Zhangjiakou city in China's northern Hebei...
- Reuters (Image)
- A blast near a chemical plant in Zhangjiakou kills 22 people and injures at least 22.
- A blast near a chemical plant in Zhangjiakou, China, kills 22 people and injures at least 22 others.
- China's Xinhua News Agency unveils the world's first AI news anchor. Xinhua says the AI presenters can work "24 hours a day", thus reducing news production costs.
- 69.1 tonnes of C9 aromatic hydrocarbon are leaked into the ocean at a port in Quangang District, Quanzhou, China when a petrochemical company loads the cargo from its terminal into a chemical tanker and the aged hose coupling gasket breaks. Nearby aquaculture farms are contaminated, resulting in huge loss. Many fishermen and residents get sick from the leaked chemical, and 52 of them are hospitalized. Local authorities are accused of playing down the severity of the leakage. Discussion of the accident is suppressed on Weibo after the accident has become a hot topic. The company lies that the amount of leakage is 6.97 tonnes.
- A lorry loses control at a toll station in Lanzhou, China, killing at least 15 people and injuring 44 others.
- Four people are killed in an armed assault on the Chinese consulate in Karachi, Pakistan. Three attackers are also dead. The attack is claimed by the Balochistan Liberation Army.
- Chinese state media report that five people are killed and 18 others are injured after a car plowed into children outside a primary school in Huludao, Liaoning, China.