George Soros' Open Society Foundation says it will cease operations in Turkey, stating that "baseless claims" in the media make its work impossible.
George Soros's Open Society Foundation said on Monday it would cease operat...
- Reuters (Image)
- George Soros' Open Society Foundation says it will cease operations in Turkey. "Baseless claims" in the media would make its work impossible.
- George Soros' Open Society Foundation says it will cease operations in Turkey, stating that "baseless claims" in the media make its work impossible.
- A UH-1 Iroquois military helicopter crashes during a training flight in the Sancaktepe district of Istanbul, Turkey, killing four soldiers and leaving one wounded.
- The 930 km offshore section of the TurkStream gas pipeline, between Russia and Turkey, is completed.
- The Turkish chief Istanbul prosecutor Irfan Fidan's office states that Jamal Khashoggi was, with premeditation, strangled and his body was dismembered as soon as he entered the Saudi consulate building in Istanbul. This is the first such accusation against Saudi Arabia by any Turkish official.
- Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan rejects the Saudi Arabian government's official account of the killing of Saudi-American journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a widely publicised address before the Turkish parliament.
- A mail bomb is discovered at the home of George Soros in Bedford, New York, United States. It is safely detonated by the Bedford Police Department. While Soros was not at the residence when the device was discovered, the businessman and philanthropist is believed to be the intended target.