A bus crash in Karnataka, India, leaves at least 25 people dead as the vehicle sinks into a canal.
- The Guardian (Image)
- Siddaramaiah of the Indian National Congress party is sworn in as the 22nd Chief Minister of the southern Indian state of Karnataka.
- Sixteen people, including eight policemen, are injured in a bomb blast at a BJP office in Bangalore, India, weeks ahead of elections in the state of Karnataka.
- Three Bharatiya Janata Party Ministers in the Indian state of Karnataka – Laxman Savadi, C C Patil and J. Krishna Palemar – are forced to resign after footage is shown of them watching a pornographic video in the Legislative Assembly.
- A bus plunges into a reservoir in the Indian state of Karnataka resulting in the death of 27 people.
- The death toll from floods in the southern Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka rises to 269, with a further 1.5 million people homeless.