Nikola Gruevski, former Prime Minister of Macedonia, says he is granted political asylum in Hungary after he fled his home country last week to avoid a two-and-a-half-year jail sentence for corruption.
Hungary appears to have given special treatment to disgraced former Macedonian PM
- The Guardian (Image)
- The Washington Post
- According to Macedonian Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, talks with Greece on Macedonia's name are in a final phase. Zaev says that if a compromise name for the country is agreed upon, it will be put to a referendum.
- The European Union and the United States advise interim Macedonian Prime Minister Emil Dimitriev to postpone elections scheduled for April 24, 2016.
- Thousands of people protest in Skopje demanding the resignation of the Prime Minister of Macedonia Nikola Gruevski.
- In the ongoing protests in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, tens of thousands of people rally in support of Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
- A large rally is held by tens of thousands of protestors in Skopje, Macedonia, as part of the ongoing protests against Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.