Voters in Sweden head to the polls to elect members to the Riksdag.
The poll comes amid a rise in anti-immigration sentiment and waning support for mainstream parties.
- BBC (Image)
- The Washington Post
- The government of Sweden submits a bill to the Riksdag to reintroduce conscription this summer in response to new global security challenges.
- Sweden's center-left government reaches a deal with the center-right opposition, The Alliance, giving a minority government room to govern so that the country's first snap election since 1958, originally planned for 22 March 2015, can be cancelled; the Sweden Democrats react by announcing that they will put down a motion of no confidence against Prime Minister Stefan Lofven.
- Danish inventor Peter Madsen appeals his life sentence for murdering Swedish journalist Kim Wall onboard his homemade submarine. He has not appealed his conviction.
- A fire in a building housing the Portuguese, Tunisian, Argentinian and Belgian embassies in Stockholm, Sweden injures 14 people. A man is arrested on suspicion of arson.
- Danish inventor and submariner Peter Madsen is convicted of the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall and sentenced to life in prison.