Dozens of people are killed in four separate attacks by the Taliban. An army base is destroyed in Baghlan Province.
- The New York Times (Image)
- At least 40 bodies of Afghan National Army soldiers are found in a military base in Urozgan that Taliban forces stormed last week.
- More than 100 Afghan soldiers and police, 13 civilians and hundreds of Taliban are killed during the ongoing offensive in Ghazni.
- Taliban insurgents attack an Afghan military base in Mazar-e-Sharif, Balkh Province, killing more than 140 soldiers. It is said to be the deadliest attack of its kind
- Officials say that an attack by the Taliban on an army outpost killed 10 soldiers and 7 policemen in Khwaja Ghar District after 7 policemen were killed in Farah yesterday.
- Taliban kill 30 policemen in an attack on an outpost in Farah Province.