Dozens of people are killed in four separate attacks by the Taliban. An army base is destroyed in Baghlan Province.
- The New York Times (Image)
- At least 40 bodies of Afghan National Army soldiers are found in a military base in Urozgan that Taliban forces stormed last week.
- More than 100 Afghan soldiers and police, 13 civilians and hundreds of Taliban are killed during the ongoing offensive in Ghazni.
- Taliban insurgents attack an Afghan military base in Mazar-e-Sharif, Balkh Province, killing more than 140 soldiers. It is said to be the deadliest attack of its kind
- The Taliban launches multiple attacks on security checkpoints in Afghanistan, killing at least 27 members of the security forces. Twenty-two Taliban members are also killed and 16 others are injured.
- At least 48 people, mostly students, are killed and a further 67 are injured in a suicide bomb attack at an education centre in Kabul. The Taliban denies any involvement.