At least one person is killed and nearly 40 others are injured in a stampede at a football stadium in Madagascar.
At least one person died and many were injured as football fans tried to get through a single entrance.
- BBC (Image)
- At least one person is killed and nearly 40 injured in a stampede at a Madagascar football stadium.
- At least one person is killed and nearly 40 others are injured in a stampede at a football stadium in Madagascar.
- Madagascar President Hery Rajaonarimampianina resigns from office in order to contest the November presidential election, as required by the Constitution. Senate president Riko Rakotovao becomes interim President of Madagascar until the January 2019 inauguration of a new president.
- Opposition demonstrations in Antananarivo, Madagascar, turn violent. Prime Minister Olivier Mahafaly Solonandrasana says one died and seventeen were injured but opposition Parliamentarian Hanitra Razafimanantsoa, who supports ex-President Marc Ravalomanana, says two were shot dead and two babies at a nearby hospital killed by tear gas.
- At least 29 people are dead and 22 are missing in the aftermath of a strong tropical cyclone striking Madagascar.
- Since August 1, another round of pneumonic, bubonic, and septicemic plague spreads in Madagascar, killing at least 45 people.
- The death toll from an outbreak of plague in Madagascar nears 100. So far, there have been 911 cases recorded.