A small aircraft en route from Juba to Yirol crashes in South Sudan, killing 19 people and injuring three others.
The plane carried a total of 22 people. Three children were onboard the flight.
- Business Insider (Image)
- At least 11 people are killed and 16 others are injured after a gunman opens fire on football fans watching an English Premier League game near Juba, South Sudan.
- The United States deploys more than three dozen soldiers to Juba, South Sudan, to protect the U.S. embassy and help evacuate non-essential embassy staff due to local clashes.
- Former Vice President and opposition leader Riek Machar says he will return to the capital Juba on April 18 to form a transitional government with President Salva Kiir Mayardit in the hopes of bringing peace to South Sudan after their acrimonious split ignited more than two years of war.
- A cargo plane crashes shortly after takeoff from Juba International Airport in Juba, South Sudan. 41 people have reportedly died. The five Armenian crew members were killed.
- Heavy gunfire and explosions are reported in Juba, the capital of South Sudan. The government says it has quelled an attempted coup.