CEO said that while its Canadian unit has ‘attractive assets’ and ‘no debt,’ the company’s primary objective was to use those projects to support Trans Mountain
- Toronto Star
- Vancouver Sun (Image)
- Kinder Morgan hints at a potential offloading of Canada assets following sales of the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion project to the federal Canadian government.
- Kinder Morgan hints at a potential offloading of Canada assets following sales of the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion project to the Canadian government.
- Yazidi demonstrators at Calgary City Hall in Calgary, Alberta call for the Canadian government to help with efforts to reunite family members in Canada who fled the genocide perpetrated by ISIL in 2014 with those still living in Iraq.
- Canada closes its embassy in Iran and orders all Iranian diplomatic staff out of Canada, citing Iran's support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Iran's "among the worst" human rights record, its lack of respect for the Vienna conventions, its nuclear program and the security of Canadian diplomatic personnel. It sees Iran as the world's "most significant threat to global peace and security." Minister of foreign affairs Baird says the Canadian government files Iran as a "state sponsor of terrorism" under the Canadian
- The Government of Canada agrees to accept Canadian Omar Khadr, detained at Guantanamo Bay for the past eight years, after he serves a year of his sentence at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp.
- Passengers who were planning on visiting Bermuda are forced to change plans and go to Maine and Canada thanks to a threat of safety posed by Hurricane Florence.
- Canada Natural Resources Minister Amarjeet Sohi orders the National Energy Board to conduct a new review of the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion project.