The Russian FSB says that Belgium has extradited Ali Gekhaev, a suspect wanted for financing ISIL militants in Syria.
In May 2017 based on the finding of the Russian side the accused was detained in Brussels and placed under pre-extradition arrest
- TASS (Image)
- The Russian FSB says that Belgium has extradited Ali Gekhaev, a suspect wanted for financing ISIL.
- The Russian FSB says that Belgium has extradited Ali Gekhaev, a suspect wanted for financing ISIL militants in Syria.
- A seventeen-year-old local student, who studied at a nearby polytechnic school, detonates an explosive device inside a Federal Security Service building in Arkhangelsk, Russia, killing himself and wounding three FSB officers. The agency is Russia's primary state security agency and a successor to the KGB.
- Russian officials state that the country will send S-300 air-defense missile system to Syria within two weeks following the downing of Russian aircraft in Syria. Russia also stated it will commence jamming radar and satellite signals of planes that attack Syrian territory from the Mediterranean.
- News emerges that the Russian Ilyushin Il-20 aircraft with fourteen people on board, missing since Monday over the Mediterranean Sea, was shot down. Russia accuses Israel of not giving enough warning before launching its attacks, causing Syria to shoot the plane down.
- Russia and Turkey announce a demilitarized zone in Syria's Idlib Governorate and rule out any military operations.
- A Russian Sukhoi-30SM crashes after leaving an airbase in Khmeimim, Latakia, Syria. Both crew die.