European Union diplomats reject Dominic Raab's claim that negotiations are "closing in".
- The Guardian (Image)
- After talks with Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Theresa May and Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union David Davis in London, E.U. chief negotiator Michel Barnier calls on the United Kingdom to make a choice on what sort of future relationship it wants with the European Union after Brexit.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May announces that citizens of the European Union living in the United Kingdom will be able to acquire a "UK settled status" after the UK leaves the EU.
- At a European Union leaders' meeting in Salzburg, European Council President Donald Tusk says that he will push for an additional gathering in mid-November, allowing the United Kingdom's proposals to be "reworked and further negotiated".
- Theresa May confirms her trust in Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson after he called her post-Brexit trade policy with the European Union "crazy".
- The UK House of Lords approves amendments to the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill in defiance of the government, adding requirements for Parliament to have a final say on negotiations with the European Union and provisions for the families of existing migrants to join them in the UK.