28 former Venezuelan officials are charged with corruption by a judge in Andorra.
Andorra alleges companies doing business with Venezuela's state oil company were overcharged.
- BBC (Image)
- A United States court case gains new evidence and a guilty plea in relation to investigations of corruption and money laundering in Venezuela, adding a group who are suspected to be relatives of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to the list of suspected accomplices.
- Pope Francis, head of state of the Vatican City and leader of the Roman Catholic Church, threatens to order the abdication of Andorran co-monarch Joan Enric Vives Sicilia, Archbishop-Bishop of Urgell, if the country decriminalises or legalises abortion.
- Venezuela releases political activist Lorent Saleh due to his poor mental health, after a prolonged campaign by and talks with the Spanish Office for Latin America. Saleh had been detained for over four years by secret services in Venezuela without trial, and is being transferred to Spain.
- A plane crashes near Angel Falls, Venezuela, killing all six of the people onboard.
- Ireland protests in response to the Venezuelan government seizing a Smurfit Kappa production plant, with Dublin liaising through its Mexican embassy to secure its return and the release of imprisoned managers.