Colombia is preparing to declare an economic and social emergency in the region of La Guajira, which borders Venezuela.
- La República (Image)
- After an emergency summit, eleven nations of Latin America (including Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador, and Peru) announce that they will all admit Venezuelan migrants without the required travel documents.
- The United States pledges US$9 million in aid to Colombia to help support Venezuelan migrants in the country.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says that he has "hard evidence" that the Colombian government planned and executed an attempted assassination attack on him on Saturday, and that he will release it later in the day.
- Newly inaugurated Colombian President Ivan Duque Marquez announces that he will not have an ambassador in neighboring Venezuela.
- Brazil closes its international border with Venezuela, following a similar move enacted but then rescinded by Colombia earlier in 2018, as a response to an increase in Venezuelans fleeing their country to neighbouring states.