Commercial flights have resumed between the Tajikistan capital, Dushanbe, and the Uzbekistan city of Bukhara amid improving ties.
Commercial flights have resumed between the Tajik capital, Dushanbe, and the Uzbek city of Bukhara amid improving ties between the two Central Asian neighbors.
- rferl (Image)
- Tajikistan and Uzbekistan agree to hold military drills for the first time.
- The Taliban destroy an electricity pylon in Doshe, Baghlan, Afghanistan, overnight. The pylon carries imported power from Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and its destruction causes widespread blackouts across several provinces and in capital Kabul.
- Clashes in and around Tajikistan's capital Dushanbe kill at least 17 people. Government representatives blame the attacks against security forces on former Deputy Defense Minister Aduhalim Nazarzoda, who fought against government forces in the Tajikistan Civil War.
- Tajikistan accuses Uzbekistan of imposing an economic blockade.
- A 6.1 magnitude earthquake occurs near the Uzbekistan city of Fergana killing 13 people in Uzbekistan and one person in Tajikistan.