A heat wave in Spain kills nine people.
- Público (Image)
- A heat wave in El Granado, Spain killed three people.
- A heat wave in Genoa, Italy killed seven people.
- A heat wave in Spain kills six people.
- A heat wave in Spain kills seven people.
- A heat wave in Genoa, Italy, kills seven people.
- A heat wave in Spain kills nine people.
- A German couple is jailed for twelve years each for selling the woman's son to a Spanish pedophile on the dark web, who repeatedly abused him. The couple themselves previously abused the boy and a three-year-old girl, whom they are ordered to pay EUR42,500 in compensation. The Spaniard is sentenced to ten years.
- Spain, Portugal, France, Germany and Luxembourg agree to take in 141 migrants, 67 of them unaccompanied children, who were rescued on Friday by the MV "Aquarius"; Malta allows the ship to dock.
- More than 300 people are injured, five seriously, after a section of wooden jetty collapsed at an urban sports and music festival in Vigo, Spain.
- The wreckage of Nazi German submarine "U-966", which was sunk in November 1943, is discovered off the coast of Galicia, Spain.
- Hundreds of Sub-Saharan African migrants storm a border fence in Spain's North African enclave of Ceuta, using home-made flamethrowers and other improvised weapons. The Spanish Civil Guard reports that 602 people succeeded in reaching Ceuta, of whom 586 were taken to a temporary reception centre, while 16 others are being treated in a hospital. Fifteen border guards were also hurt.