Syrian media says that the Islamic State has executed one of a number of hostages taken from Syria's government-held city of As-Suwayda in an attack last week.
- Haaretz (Image)
- Coordinated suicide bombings and shootings carried out by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant in As-Suwayda, Syria, kill 215 people and injure more than 200 others.
- The son of ISIL leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is killed in a suicide attack mission in Homs, western Syria, or in a Russian bombing of a cave.
- A roadside bomb in Syria kills one British and one U.S. soldier and injures five more coalition personnel. It is the first death of a British soldier fighting ISIL.
- Syrian government troops and allied militia retake Abu Kamal, ISIL's last urban stronghold in Syria.
- ISIL militants and their families, estimated to be around 600 people, begin to leave their strongholds on the Lebanon-Syria border and Qalamun Mountains for the Deir ez-Zor Governorate under Syrian military escort. A ceasefire was reached between warring parties yesterday.