Kilauea continues to erupt, with lava deltas eviscerating neighborhoods and the island's largest lake, as well as causing sinkholes.
Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano has been decimating the island. However, one lucky byproduct of the lava's flow to the ocean may be an extended periphery for the small state.
- Interesting Engineering (Image)
- The Business Journals
- Hawaiian Airlines warns that the eruption of Kilauea may hurt bookings and trim revenues.
- About 35 structures in Leilani Estates are destroyed during the Kilauea eruption in Hawaii.
- At Leilani Estates, 26 homes and 4 buildings were destroyed by Kilauea, forcing 1700 people to leave their homes.
- Hawaiian volcano Kilauea begins erupting at the Leilani Estates subdivision, spurring a mandatory evacuation order of residents.
- After over 600 earthquakes, including a magnitude 5.0 at Kilauea, parts of Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park have struck, causing the nearby Pu`u `O`o, to close due to fears of an eruption. The volcano erupted and evacuations were issued.