US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo calls for North Korea to follow Vietnam's path to overcome past hostilities with the United States.
Appeal comes after Pyongyang accused US of ‘gangster-like behavior’ over demands for denuclearization
- The Guardian (Image)
- Top North Korean official Kim Yong-chol meets with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in New York City to discuss the summit set to be held in June.
- U.S. President Donald Trump's National Security Advisor John R. Bolton states that the United States has a plan to dismantle the nuclear weapons program of North Korea in a year.
- Donald Trump says that he might invite North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to the United States if the planned summit meeting in Singapore goes well.
- The United States announces that North Korea will destroy the Sohae Satellite Launching Station missile test site.
- United States officials state that Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Mike Pompeo met with North Korea leader Kim Jong-un.