Iranian police arrest a number of users for posting illegal content on Instagram, including a famous blogger named Maedeh Hojabri.
Arrests of app users including Maedeh Hojabri for posting videos prompt outrage
- The Guardian (Image)
- Iran has arrested a number of users for posting videos on Instagram, including a young blogger named Maedeh Hojabri.
- Iranian police arrest a number of users for posting illegal content on Instagram, including a famous blogger named Maedeh Hojabri.
- Iranian women post videos of themselves dancing to protest the arrest of Instagram blogger Maedeh Hojabri.
- Iranian authorities have arrested 46 people in fresh crackdowns on models and associated colleagues posting "immoral images" on Instagram.
- Iran blocks access to Telegram and Instagram as the largest anti-government protests since 2009 continue.
- Amnesty International reports that at least 160 young Iranians are currently awaiting execution and 73 others have been put to death between 2005 and 2015, which including sentencing girls as young as 9 and boys as young as 15 to death.
- There is major outcry in Iran following the death of democracy activist Akbar Mohammadi in Evin Prison. Mohammadi was condemned to death for his role in the 1999 student protests at Tehran University. He had been on a hunger strike for more than a week, protesting the refusal by the Islamic Regime to allow him to seek proper medical treatment for life threatening injuries suffered as a result of torture. Reportedly he was beaten severely by prison guards the night of his death.