The wreckage of Nazi German submarine "U-966", which was sunk in November 1943, is discovered off the coast of Galicia, Spain.
The crew of submarine U-966 blew it up after a fierce battle with Allied bombers.
- BBC (Image)
- A train derails at a station in the town of O Porrino in Galicia, Spain, killing at least four people.
- 2 firefighters are killed fighting wildfires in Fornelos de Montes, Pontevedra, in Galicia, Spain.
- In Spain, bomb explodes in Santiago de Compostela near regional savings bank Caixa Galicia. There are no casualties. Government blames Galician separatists. Police have arrested two people
- In Spain, Manuel Fraga, the last politician from the era of Francisco Franco, loses in elections in Galicia.
- Two vessels deliver 25 survivors and one Peruvian corpse from Spanish ship MV "Dorneda" to ports in Argentina and Patagonia. One crewman remains missing after the fishing trawler sank off Argentina.