Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales is accused of sexual abuse of ten public officials by former Foreign Minister Edgar Gutierrez.
A former Guatemalan foreign minister said on Wednesday there are more women who were "systematically" sexually abused by President Jimmy Morales.
- TeleSUR (Image)
- Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales, along with Interior Minister Enrique Degenhart, Foreign Minister Sandra Jovel, and State Attorney Luis Donado say that they will not abide by the Constitutional Court's resolution in which ordered President Morales and his cabinet to allow Ivan Velasquez Gomez, the head of the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala, to enter Guatemala.
- Belize accuses Guatemala of "amassing" troops on the disputed Belize-Guatemala border following the death of a teenage Guatemalan boy in a shooting incident apparently involving Belize Defence Force soldiers. Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales called the shooting a "cowardly and excessive attack" that merits the "total condemnation of the Guatemalan state".
- The Constitutional Court of Guatemala annuls the decision of President Jimmy Morales to prevent the entrance to Guatemala to the head of the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala Ivn Velsquez Gmez. In the resolution, President Morales is forced to exhaust the dialogue with the United Nations.
- Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales announces that he will not renew the mandate of the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG) and orders the immediate transfer of functions to the Public Ministry and the Ministry of the Interior. The mandate of the UN anti-corruption commission ends on September 3, 2019.
- U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales. Trump thanks Morales for having supported the decision of the United States to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital. They discuss various issues about the crisis in Venezuela, drug trafficking and the UN anti-corruption commission.