The death toll from the worst heat wave in decades in Quebec rises to 33.
None of those deaths took place in public health institutions, according to public health minister Lucie Charlebois.
- CBC (Image)
- The death toll from a heat wave in Quebec rises to 17.
- Leaders from the Group of Seven meet in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada to discuss issues facing their countries, including trade between the United States and European Union.
- A state of emergency is declared in Montreal, Canada as 1,200 Canadian Forces personnel are deployed in the province of Quebec to help with rising floodwaters. 146 communities are affected and more than 1,500 residents have been evacuated from their homes.
- Scientists announce the finding of microfossils up to almost 4.3 billion years old, within rocks from the Hudson Bay shoreline in northern Quebec, Canada, that may represent the oldest-known evidence of life on Earth.
- Seven people die in a plane crash on the Magdalen Islands in the Canadian province of Quebec. Former minister Jean Lapierre was one of the people on board the plane.