President Trump tweets he has accepted resignation of scandal-plagued EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt.
- WCTV (Image)
- Scott Pruitt officially resigns as secretary of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Scott Pruitt officially resigns as Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- With a 52-46 vote, the U.S. Senate confirms Attorney General of Oklahoma Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Breaking with party lines, Republican Susan Collins opposed the nomination, while Democrats Heidi Heitkamp and Joe Manchin supported Pruitt, who has been described as a climate change denier with a history of criticizing the agency he now leads.
- Former U.S. President George H. W. Bush, aged 93, is hospitalized for observation due to hypotension (low blood pressure) and fatigue at Southern Maine Health Care.
- Republicans raise concern about U.S. President Donald Trump's plan to impose tariffs on metal imports. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan says he is "extremely worried" about the impact of a trade war, adding that it could "undermine economic gains".
- Heath Hall, the acting Federal Railroad Administration chief, resigns "effective immediately" over a Politico report that he has a second job in Madison County, Mississippi.
- National Security Agency director Admiral Mike Rogers plans to retire this spring. President Donald Trump is expected to nominate a successor later this month.