The pages go dark ahead of a vote on controversial new rules on website uploads and links.
- BBC (Image)
- The Local
- Italy Wikipedia goes dark and blocks all articles in protest at EU copyright law.
- Italian Wikipedia goes dark and blocks all articles in protest at EU copyright law.
- The Italian Wikipedia blocks all articles in protest of the EU copyright law.
- The Italian Wikipedia blocks all articles in protest of the European Union's copyright law.
- The Polish, Spanish, Estonian and Latvian Wikipedias shut down in protest of the European Union's proposed copyright reform, blocking access for all users. This follows identical actions taken by Italian Wikipedia the previous day.
- The European Parliament votes against the proposed copyright reform.
- The European Union imposes sanctions on six Russian companies involved in the construction of the bridge connecting mainland Russia to the annexed Crimea peninsula.
- U.S. President Donald Trump and European leaders agree to halt their trade war over vehicles and say they will open talks on removing trade barriers between the United States and the European Union.
- Wildfires in east and west Attica, Greece, kill at least 76 people, leave another 172 injured, and burn hundreds of houses and vehicles, prompting a state of emergency. The Greek government requests help from European Union countries.