Three people are killed and eight wounded in Suruc, Turkey, after election campaigns turned into riots.
- Reuters via MSN
- Fifteen members of Turkey's Republican People's Party quit and join the Iyi Party, allowing the Iyi Party to satisfy eligibility requirements such as having 20 lawmakers in Parliament for upcoming elections. Party leader Meral Aksener, who defected from the Nationalist Movement Party, will run against incumbent Recep Tayyip Erdogan for the presidency.
- A huge explosion in the mostly Kurdish border town of Suruc, Turkey, targeting The Socialist Youth Associations Federation, kills at least 31 people and injures over 100. Preliminary evidence suggests an ISIS suicide attack.
- Flash floods cause transportation issues and damage buildings in Ankara, the capital of Turkey.
- A Turkish cargo ship collides with Greek warship "Armatalos" off the coast of Lesbos in the Aegean Sea. The Hellenic Navy says the ship then retreated to Turkish waters without responding to radio messages.
- Bulgarian customs agents seize 191 kg of heroin in transit for Belgium and the Netherlands at the border with Turkey. The drugs, with a street value of EUR6 million, were hidden under tile glue and detected by a sniffer dog.