The 1977 film The Message, once banned in the kingdom, chronicles the origin of Islam and the life of the prophet Muhammad.
- Quartz (Image)
- Three 4DX locations are expected to open in Riyadh and other major Saudi Arabia cities.
- A 35-year ban on movie theaters ends in Saudi Arabia with Marvel Studios' "Black Panther" being the first film to show.
- A U.S. federal judge blocks until June 20 the release in Syrian Democratic Forces-controlled territory of a dual-nationality Saudi-American citizen alleged to have joined ISIL. The man, who is now held for nine months in Iraq, was planned to be released by the U.S. military - with a new cell phone, some food and water and $4,210 in cash, but with no identification - as soon as tomorrow.
- Saudi-led coalition forces begin an operation to take control of the Yemeni port city of Al Hudaydah, which has been held by the Houthis since 2015.
- Qatar orders its traders and shops to stop dealing in products imported from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain.