Artur Mas announces that he is resigning as president of the PDeCAT party.
The former president of the Generalitat says that it is a meditated decision
- Turkey Telegraph
- Artur Mas announces that he leaves the presidency of the PDeCAT party.
- Artur Mas announces that he is resigning as president of the PDeCAT party.
- The Parliament of Catalonia opens the new legislature. Roger Torrent (ERC) is named Speaker. Three parliamentarians in jail vote through proxies, the five parlementarians in exile in Belgium do not. Carles Puigdemont (PDeCAT, JuntsxCat), through his spokesman, considers it "perfectly plausible" for him to be president remotely. Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy says that he will not restore Catalonia's autonomous powers if the regional parliament permits Puigdemont to lead the government from exile.
- Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra, meet officially in Moncloa. It is the first time since the beginning of the crisis that a Spanish Prime Minister and a Catalan President meet.
- The Supreme Court of Spain suspends from public office the deputies to the Parliament of Catalonia prosecuted for rebellion (Romeva, Turull, Rull, Sanchez, Junqueras, Puigdemont). The pre-trial phase is finished.
- Former Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy resigns as the leader of People's Party, four days after losing the no-confidence vote that ended his premiership.
- The new Catalan regional government takes office in Barcelona. The 7-month-long application of Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution is thus lifted, meaning that direct rule is over.