Artur Mas announces that he is resigning as president of the PDeCAT party.
The former president of the Generalitat says that it is a meditated decision
- Turkey Telegraph
- Artur Mas announces that he leaves the presidency of the PDeCAT party.
- Artur Mas announces that he is resigning as president of the PDeCAT party.
- The Parliament of Catalonia opens the new legislature. Roger Torrent (ERC) is named Speaker. Three parliamentarians in jail vote through proxies, the five parlementarians in exile in Belgium do not. Carles Puigdemont (PDeCAT, JuntsxCat), through his spokesman, considers it "perfectly plausible" for him to be president remotely. Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy says that he will not restore Catalonia's autonomous powers if the regional parliament permits Puigdemont to lead the government from exile.
- On the one-year anniversary of the Catalan independence referendum, protesters block roads, train tracks and the entrance of the Barcelona stock exchange and students go on strike.
- A million Catalonia residents launch an "autumn of protests" on National Day of Catalonia to demand independence from Spain and release "high-profile" secessionists from jail.
- Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez and President of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Quim Torra, meet officially in Moncloa. It is the first time since the beginning of the crisis that a Spanish Prime Minister and a Catalan President meet.
- The Supreme Court of Spain suspends from public office the deputies to the Parliament of Catalonia prosecuted for rebellion (Romeva, Turull, Rull, Sanchez, Junqueras, Puigdemont). The pre-trial phase is finished.