A man is killed in Stockholm after he picks up a grenade that detonates. According to police, there has been an increased use of hand grenades by criminal groups in the country.
A man in Stockholm picked up a suspected hand grenade from the ground and it detonated in his hand Sunday, killing him and injuring his companion, Swedish police said.
- A vehicle is driven into a group of people on a street in Stockholm, Sweden, killing four people.
- The Swedish Academy announces that American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has agreed to accept his Nobel Prize in Literature this weekend at a private location in Stockholm.
- After Swedish police arrest a suspect on drug-related charges, rioting occurs in Rinkeby, a suburb of the Swedish capital Stockholm.
- Ukraine's Jamala, performing the song "1944", wins the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Romania is expelled from this year's Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden, after its national broadcaster, Romanian Television (TVR) failed to pay outstanding debts dating back to 2007. Ovidiu Anton was due to perform the song "Moment of Silence" at the contest.