Gunmen kill 13 people near the town of Ziguinchor, Senegal.
Gunmen killed at least 13 people Saturday in Senegal who were gathering firewood in the forest, the military said.
- France 24
- Senegalese Judge Malick LaMotte sentences Khalifa Sall, mayor of Dakar, Senegal, to a five-year term for fraud.
- Voters in Senegal elect all 165 members of their National Assembly, with former President Abdoulaye Wade leading a coalition against the incumbent Macky Sall's United in Hope coalition.
- At least eight people are killed in a stampede at a football stadium in Dakar, Senegal, that started after police used tear gas to break up a fight between the rival teams' fans.
- The Extraordinary African Chambers tribunal in Dakar, Senegal, upholds its conviction of former Chadian president Hissene Habre for crimes against humanity, but acquits him of rape.
- Gambian President Adama Barrow returns to the Gambia after being sworn in as president in Senegal, bringing an end to the country's political crisis.