ARSA insurgents, using small arms and homemade land mines, ambush a Burmese military convoy and wound three soldiers.
The Rohingya group says it targeted the Burmese military in an attack on Friday.
- The Guardian
- ARSA insurgents ambush a Burmese military convoy with small arms and homemade land mines, wounding three soldiers.
- ARSA insurgents, using small arms and homemade land mines, ambush a Burmese military convoy and wound three soldiers.
- A mass grave of 28 Hindus, including children, allegedly slain by the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army, is discovered by the Myanmar Army.
- Chinese delegates visiting the Burmese capital of Naypyidaw propose a three-phase plan to resolve the conflict in Myanmar's Rakhine State. The governments of Myanmar and Bangladesh expressed support for the plan, which included repatriating refugees that have fled from violence in Rakhine State.
- Human Rights Watch releases a report detailing the alleged systematic rape of Rohingya women and girls by Myanmar's security forces in Rakhine State.
- More than 2,000 people march in Yangon to show support for the military, urging the military to secure the country's sovereignty, protect national security and stop illegal intruders (referring to the Rohingya people).
- The Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army declares a unilateral ceasefire to allow humanitarian groups to facilitate aid for Rohingya refugees.