U.S. President Donald Trump threatens nuclear war against North Korea, boasting that the size of his missile launch button on his desk is larger and more powerful than Kim Jong-un's.
The president’s tweet that he has a “much bigger” arsenal of nuclear weapons was met with dread and humor, of both the gallows and locker-room varieties.
- The New York Times
- U.S. President Donald Trump announces new sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear weapons program.
- U.S. President Donald Trump visits South Korea amidst a crisis with North Korea.
- North Korea vows to accelerate its nuclear weapons programme to "maximum pace" and test a nuclear device "at any time" in response to U.S. President Donald Trump's aggressive stance towards the regime.
- North Korea says the United States has "crossed the red line in our showdown" after placing sanctions on its leader Kim Jong-un over human rights abuses, and considers the sanctions to be a "declaration of war" by the United States.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in, responding to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's offer during his New Year's Day address, proposes a meeting to discuss the Winter Olympics and North Korea's nuclear program next Tuesday at the border city of Panmunjom.