Nine prisoners have escaped from a Berlin, Germany prison over the last five days, with two escaping today.
Plötzensee jail "lost" the prisoners in four incidents over five days.
- BBC (Image)
- In Berlin, police raid an apartment and arrest a suspected Russian Islamic extremist who had allegedly stored a large amount of TATP in October 2016 and plotted with a Frenchman to bomb an unspecified public place in Germany.
- German police defuse a parcel bomb in Berlin. It is thought to be the fourth device sent by a blackmailer targetting DHL.
- Around 10,000 people are evacuated from central Berlin, Germany, while bomb disposal experts defuse a 500 kg World War II-era British bomb at a construction site.
- The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility via Amaq News Agency for the truck attack in Berlin, Germany, which left at least 12 people dead and 49 injured.
- Twelve are killed and more than 50 others are injured as a truck rams into a packed Christmas market in Breitscheidplatz, Berlin, Germany. A suspect has been arrested in connection with the attack.