Nine prisoners have escaped from a Berlin, Germany prison over the last five days, with two escaping today.
Plötzensee jail "lost" the prisoners in four incidents over five days.
- BBC (Image)
- German police defuse a parcel bomb in Berlin. It is thought to be the fourth device sent by a blackmailer targetting DHL.
- Around 10,000 people are evacuated from central Berlin, Germany, while bomb disposal experts defuse a 500 kg World War II-era British bomb at a construction site.
- The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility via Amaq News Agency for the truck attack in Berlin, Germany, which left at least 12 people dead and 49 injured.
- Twelve are killed and more than 50 others are injured as a truck rams into a packed Christmas market in Breitscheidplatz, Berlin, Germany. A suspect has been arrested in connection with the attack.
- Voters head to the polls in Berlin, Germany, to elect members to the Abgeordnetenhaus of Berlin. Latest polling indicates the anti-immigration Alternative for Germany (AfD) are expected to make strong gains.