A 7.3 magnitude earthquake strikes off Peru, triggering tsunami warnings.
Tsunami warnings have been issued in coastal spots nearby.
- A coach bus plunges off a cliff on a coastal road in Peru, killing at least 48 people.
- Former Peru president Alberto Fujimori is taken, from prison, to a local hospital for treatment for abnormally low blood pressure.
- The main opposition party of Peru, Popular Force, which has the absolute majority in Congress, gives the president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski less than 24 hours to present his resignation. This comes after it revealed that he received large sums of money from the Odebrecht construction company, through a financial advisory firm of his property, in exchange of the concession of important infrastructures for the country.
- A 22-year-old student is found dead inside the National University of San Marcos, of Lima, and the most important and oldest of Peru. Everything seems to indicate that he had been killed. Authorities have identified a possible suspect, who is also a student at the university.
- The face of the Peruvian Moche mummy the Lady of Cao is reconstructed from its skull structure, using forensic archaeology techniques and ethnographic research.