Annexation of Crimea in 2014
Two battalions with S-400 systems would take up combat duty in Crimea in the beginning of 2018
- Radio Free Europe
- TASS (Image)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin opens the auto part of the 19 km road-and-rail Kerch Strait Bridge connecting Crimea with Russia.
- The Security Service of Ukraine bans Yuliya Samoylova, Russia's entrant in this year's Eurovision Song Contest, from entering the country. This follows allegations that she had toured in Crimea following its annexation by Russia.
- The United States State Department imposes sanctions on the Equipment Development Department, an agency within the military of China, for purchasing Sukhoi Su-35 fighters and S-400 missile system equipment through Rosoboronexport, Russia's main arms export agency.
- The European Union imposes sanctions on six Russian companies involved in the construction of the bridge connecting mainland Russia to the annexed Crimea peninsula.
- Donald Trump again calls for Russia to be reinstated into the group. Russia was suspended after the annexation of Crimea in 2014.