Citing the success of Neapolitan pizza, President Emmanuel Macron calls for the UNESCO to recognize the French baguette.
Bakers demanding recognition are being backed by the French president.
- IB Times
- France declares the end of the country's state of emergency which was enforced as a reaction to the November 2015 Paris attacks. The state of emergency gets replaced with a new counterterrorism law signed by President Emmanuel Macron.
- Voters in France return to the polls for a run-off, to elect either Emmanuel Macron or Marine Le Pen as the new President of France.
- France swears in Emmanuel Macron as the 25th President of France.
- Prime Minister of Lebanon Saad Hariri meets President of France Emmanuel Macron at the Elysee Palace in Paris.
- Voters in France return to the polls after last month's presidential election for the first round of a legislative election, to begin choosing the 577 members of France's lower house. Opinion polls and exit polls predict that En Marche!, formed by newly elected President Emmanuel Macron, will pick up a majority of seats.