A suicide bomb attack on a Shiite mosque in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, kills at least seven people. Militants linked to the Taliban and al-Qaeda have previously attacked the country's Shiite minority.
The Jamat-ul-Ahrar faction of the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for an apparent suicide attack on a Shi'ite mosque in Rawalpindi.
- AAP via SBS News
- A bomb in a Shi'ite mosque in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi kills at least two people and injures six.
- Sunni militants linked to the Pakistani Taliban kill at least 40 people and injure 50 in a bombing at a Shiite mosque in the Shikarpur District of Pakistan's Sindh province.
- A suicide bomber blows himself up near Pakistan's military headquarters in Rawalpindi killing at least 13 people.
- An explosion on the Jaffar Express, travelling between the Pakistani cities of Rawalpindi and Quetta, kills 7 people and injures at least another 10.
- At least 47 people are killed and more than 90 wounded in two separate bomb blasts in Pakistan, one in a Shiite suburb of Quetta and the other in an attack on a paramilitary convoy in the northwest of the country; a Sunni extremist group reportedly claims responsibility.