The Gulf states have been under pressure to increase state revenue in the face of lower oil prices
- BBC (Image)
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates say that the bombing of a school bus in Yemen by Saudi Arabian aircraft, which killed 51 people, was "unjustified".
- Qatar orders its traders and shops to stop dealing in products imported from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain.
- At a United Nations donor conference nations pledge US$2 billion in aid for Yemen, with almost half coming from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Qatar's Interior Ministry releases a list of individuals and entities it says are linked to terrorism. Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Egypt, who had demanded the list amid tensions with Qatar, welcome its release but criticise the time taken to prepare it.
- At a GCC summit in Kuwait City, the United Arab Emirates announce a political and military alliance with Saudi Arabia.